It’s the last week of school for 2012! Remember that Wednesday, December 19, from 12-1pm are the winter class parties at school. Thursday is the last day of school until Tuesday, January 8. Kincaid PTA hopes you all have a great week and a wonderful winter holiday!
Lost & Found – Claim Before December 20
Please have your child(ren) check the lost and found for any coats, sweaters, hats, bags, thermoses, etc. that may be there. The Girl Scouts will be collecting whatever is left on Wednesdsay, December 20 and donating to MUST Ministries. Please make sure that you check Lost & Found and claim any of your personal belongs BEFORE December 20. Also, please remember to label everything your child brings to school so it can be returned if misplaced!
Get Connected to Volunteer Opportunities
- Come work the Media Center and see your student’s peers! We need a volunteer for every other Monday, 11am-2pm, to check in/out and shelve books, as well as perform other tasks.
- Kincaid Foundation needs help planning a Science Lab fundraiser, including preparing flyers and advertising materials, which kicks off in February.
Three for Me — Volunteer & Win!
Valerie Henry volunteered at least three hours this school year — and she is the December Three for Me winner! Three for Me is a national PTA program to encourage adults to volunteer at least three hours for their schools. This month’s prize is a Stevi B’s freebie card donated by the Bornstein family and a Publix gift card. YOU could be the January winner! Just volunteer at least three hours, complete the Three for Me form found on the Forms page of the website and return it to school.
Be sure to check out the Volunteers page on the Kincaid PTA website to check for current volunteer needs. If you can help with any of these events or if you have questions about how to volunteer at Kincaid, contact Susan McCullough, Volunteer Coordinator, at VC@KincaidPTA.org or at 770/429-0797.
The Reflections Program is a national art contest sponsored by the PTA. Each Fall students may submit works of art in one of six categories. Entries are judged at the school level, and the first and second place winners are forwarded to the council level. This year’s theme is “The Magic of a Moment” and Kincaid sent 34 entries to the council level. We are so excited to announce that 11 of them received recognition!
Congratulations to the following students:
- Carter C. / 4th Grade Literature / Honorable Mention
- Selina H. / Kindergarten Photography / 2nd Place
- Nila K. / Kindergarten Photography / Honorable Mention
- Isabella B. / 2nd Grade Photography / First Place
- Michael S. / 2nd Grade Photography / Honorable Mention
- CJ B. / 3rd Grade Photography / Honorable Mention
- Gianna G. / 3rd Grade Photography / Honorable Mention
- Carter C. / 4th Grade Photography / Honorable Mention
- Carter C. / 4th Grade Video Production / 2nd Place
- Kirti S. / First Grade Music Composition / First Place
- Ariel K. / Kindergarten Visual Arts / Second Place
Thanks to all participants for another successful Reflections year for Kincaid!
Don’t forget to order your 2013 yearbook! Yearbooks are a neat summary of the past year and priceless when friends are going to new schools or moving away, so don’t be left empty handed in May. Yearbooks are $24 and can be ordered on line at www.jostenyearbooks.com or send in a check for $24 made out to Kincaid PTA. When placing your order, please don’t forget to indicate your child’s name, home room teacher and grade.
Not sure if you’ve already placed your yearbook order? Visit the yearbook page on our website to download a PDF file of current orders.
PICTURES…we need pictures of Kincaid school events. Please submit your photos taken throughout the year of various school events and activities. Upload your photos at https://images.jostens.com/login?user=400143257&pw=yearbook. If you have questions please submit them to email@example.com.
Honoring Our Heroes Essay Contest
Kincaid PTA kicked off this year’s Honoring Our Heroes program on Veterans Day, November 12. The winter break is a GREAT time to write about your heroes! (You can also download and print a PDF of the Honoring Our Heroes entry form by clicking here.) This is a excellent opportunity to have your child write about someone who has really made a difference in his/her life, or exemplifies what a true “hero” is to your child.
- Essays may be handwritten or typed on a single sheet of 8 1/2 x 11 inch paper, single- or double-sided. Put student name on essay in top right corner, no other identifying information should be included on the essay.
- Return a completed entry form with entries.
- If possible, attach a picture of the hero. Label the picture on the back with the student’s name.
Please visit the Heroes page on our Kincaid PTA website for more information. If you have any questions contact, firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to many great entries that honor some outstanding heroes.
Square One Art
Did you miss putting in a Square One Art order? These art pieces are great gift items and it is not too late to put in your order. Kincaid will receive 33% of your order total until December 31st. ORDER ONLINE at www.square1art.com/shop. Create an account using the unique access code located on your free stickers. You may also call Square 1 Art Customer Care at 888.332.3294 for your access code.
World Explorers Club
The World Explorers’ Club will take you on a journey around the world where you will experience the cultures of China, Germany, Russia, Ireland, Korea, Norway, France, and Spain, without even leaving Kincaid! At each club meeting we will cover geography, language, unique customs, folktales, and national celebrations just to name a few topics. Students will also be able to taste food from each of these countries to give you a sense of the exotic flavors.
Are you interested? Then join us. The club will be held on Mondays – Jan. 28st, Feb. 4th, and Feb. 11th from 2:30 – 3:30 PM. Space is limited to 75 students so don’t delay! Last year the club filled up in less than a week!
Information and sign up sheets will be coming home after the first of the year. If you have any questions, please contact Carmen Roglan at email@example.com or phone at 770 509 0558
Help Us Grow with Science
Kincaid’s Science Lab teacher, Ms. Nastasi, is creating outdoor garden beds that students can use for a variety of hands-on science activities. She needs volunteers to help refurbish the beds. Please join us for a work day on Saturday, January 12, from 9 a.m. to noon. We will build garden beds, fill them with soil, and spread wood chips between the beds. If you can help with the work day, please notify Susan McCullough at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition to volunteer workers, we need rechargeable drills and screwdrivers, hammers, garden tools, wheel barrows, and gloves. If you can bring any of these supplies, we would appreciate it. The garden will benefit all of our students.
Important Upcoming Events
- Character Education Lunch, Monday, December 17
- Make Up Pictures and Club Pictures, Monday, December 17 and Tuesday, December 18 – Yearbook photographers will be taking missing yearbook pictures and club photos.
- Winter Class Parties, Wednesday, December 19, 12 noon – 1 pm
- Cougar Pride Day/3rd Grade Multiplication Challenge/Last Day of 2nd Nine Weeks, Sing-a-long, 12:30pm, Thursday, December 20
- Winter Holiday Begins/No School, Friday, December 21 Happy Holidays and have a safe break!
- Student Holiday/No School, Monday, January 7
- Students Return to School/Student Banking, Tuesday, January 8
- School Store, Thursday, January 10
- Honoring Our Heroes Essays Due, Friday, January 11
- Kincaid Garden Workday, Saturday, January 12, 9:00am – 12:00pm
Скорее всего от искусственного дыхания и массажа сердца, - подумал Беккер. - Жаль, что бедняге это не помогло.
Он принялся рассматривать руки покойного. Ничего подобного ему никогда не приходилось видеть.