Writing a descriptive essay is a very useful, interesting and at the same time easy thing. If you do not imagine what means in writing an essay about favorite food - let us show you how to manage with this task. People write papers about things, places, memories, people and other objects. During the process the writer thinks only about his topic.
His main purpose is to make the reader feel the same he feels. When the goal is reached - the job can be considered to be well-done.
Writing an Essay about Favorite Food - it's Easy
In our case, you have to write a favorite food essay. It is very easy as it is a general topic and food is present in every person's life. Descriptive writing on favorite dishes is a kind of self-expression, when you can focus on something, gather your thoughts and display your feelings using only your pen and a list of paper. In educational writing, it is really helpful occupation.
Need some help with descriptive essay on your favorite food?
Our talented writers can help you!
The result on your paper will be an expression of your individuality, it will be personal - but available for your readers, because you have decided to let other people see what you see, hear what you hear, smell what you smell and feel what you feel.
We would even say the descriptive essay is closely connected to the persuasive one, but in more tricky way - you do not persuade people think as you think, you just let them feel your emotions. Of course, if you know how to write the descriptive essay in right way.
If We Are Still Talking about Tricks
The favorite dish - is a key point you must start from beginning to create and describe your favorite food. Remember the taste and smell of the dish you adore and be amiable to share your feelings connected with it with other people - with your readers.
- Feel free when choosing the subject when you need to describe in paper your favorite food. Forget about a proverb «You are what you eat» and remember the most delicious food you have ever tasted, even if it was a caloric burger or fried steak with unbelievably yummy sauce. However, do not hesitate to write about spinach pie or ginger tea if you really like it.
- In the main body, writing only about physical characteristics can be the most common mistake when creating a descriptive essay about favorite food. If you just describe the dish - good for you, but you have already known details about your favorite dish. Share your feelings about the dish, write about memories associated with it. It is a good idea to show people a picture in your head, even if it just a list of paper with an outline.
- To conclude, speaking about the food - you will always be more inspired to write when are a little hungry. It doesn’t mean you must starve a whole day to create a masterpiece. But try to start your essay few hours before your lunch or dinner. Who knows, maybe your imagination will be broader.
It Is Not a Higher Mathematics
When writing about your favorite pie - let your reader taste this pie and describe his or her emotions about this experience. For example, if the task to write a descriptive essay about my favorite food was mine - I would write my essayabout Lasagna Bolognese.
Beginning from the story when I tried the dish the first time and emotions I felt some years ago to the pretty detailed receipt and my personal advices on cooking it. I will describe this rich tomatoes in Bolognese sauce, appetizing fresh pasta, this stunning taste of béchamel sauce and Italian Parmesan, which completes the incredible taste of my favorite dish. If my reader runs to the store to buy all ingredients needed for Lasagna or order it in the restaurant after reading the article - I will consider that I have coped with the task. Frankly speaking, I have already become hungry when completing the advices for you.
Give the reader the complete picture, do not lose your focus and read your paper after finishing it. Show how good is an idea to taste your favorite dish with your parents and friends behind your family favorite movie.
Remember that there isn't a writer in the world who doesn't cares about reader's opinion and who isn't worried about a feedback he will receive from the auditory. Descriptive writing about my favorite delicious food is a good chance to test yourself, in particular - your imagination, ability to describe and let the people feel your idea.
Don't waste your time
24/7 support team will place an order
for you right now!
Today, there are many delicious foods easily available. I sometime wonder how life was in the ancient past when they did not have ease of access to food as we do today.
However, though I can find food of all kinds in our stores there are foods that stand out as my favorite.
I easily walk past the pizzas, the fluffy pasties, pies, and cream cakes. But when I sit in the restaurant and see the words oxtail stew, with creamed spinach and potatoes I positively drool.
The Waitron places the crispy warm bread rolls beside me on a white plate. In front of me were yellow balls of butter. Next, she placed in front of me a bowl of creamed spinach, dark green finely cut with the white cream and steam coming from it advertising it was freshly cooked. I inhaled the warm aroma unique to spinach. Beside it was a bowl with smooth white mashed potato. Rich creamy smooth and firm from the butter and milk that had been beaten into it to add to its flavor and smooth texture.
Then came the bowl full of oxtail stew. Its rich dark brown color was set off by the white bowl it was in. The gravy was thick and rich. I could smell the aroma of beef, garlic, and herbs and spices drifting up from it into my nose. My mouth watered in anticipation.
Now I took the silver spoon and dipped it into the bowl of potato. It smoothly penetrated the firm fluffy white mound. I lifted the spoon and turned it over on my plate depositing a mound of potato. I repeated this 3 times. Then using another spoon I scooped up spinach dripping white sauce and put it on the plate beside the potato. The dark green Spinach was hot, the white Sauce melted and it contrasted with the creamy potato. Now after a second helping of spinach I took another larger spoon. I dipped it into the rich brown stew and stirred it. Then I scooped up a chunky slice of oxtail. Several other pieces followed that one onto my plate, the rich brown meat, contrasting with the dark green spinach and creamy white potato. The succulent meat gleaming with a coating of rich gravy and the aroma of gravy, garlic spinach and potato blending in the steam rising from my plate. I scooped up gravy from the bowl and trickled it over the white potato catching the scent of red wine. I broke the roll and spread butter on it and I was ready to eat.
Now the decision where to start, so I bit into the fresh crisp roll and tasted its warm soft texture and the melting butter. By then I had decided to sample the potato with gravy and the spinach. The potato was smooth, with a taste of butter over powered with the tangy gravy, its garlic and hint of good red wine in it. The spinach was a good foil. Smooth with its vegetable texture and plain white sauce it softened the taste of the gravy. Then I used my fork and removed the succulent meat from the bone. Its soft texture, fatty feeling in the mouth, the spice wine and garlic in the gravy made it perfect. So I sat contented at my table eating as much as I could, and more than I should of my favorite food.
Tips on writing a descriptive essay about your favorite food:
- This essay form is personal. It describes your personal experience and view on your favorite food.
- The goal is to create a vivid picture in the reader’s imagination.
- Brainstorm by using your power of observation and make notes.
- Carefully choose descriptive words that bring out a vivid picture of what you describe – in this case – your favorite food.
- Ensure you apply all your senses. The reader must be brought into the picture in his imagination. If you use words such as hot, cold, warm, dark, light, sunshine, fragrant, and the like.
- Describe, where you can, your emotions and feelings. Most of the readers will identify and connect with emotion.
- Do not lose your focus and make sure you organize your paper correctly.
At CustomWritings writing service you can get a high-quality custom descriptive essay written by academic experts from scratch. Visit our service now!
3.93 avg. rating (78% score) - 10 votes
Tags: descriptive essays, essay on food