As a scholarship seeker, you're probably already well-aware of the importance of an education. But, what about the naysayers? Have you come across someone who's tried to talk you out of college, saying that it's not worth it?
While continuing your education takes time, and money, there's a certain value that everyone is hoping to achieve. Our Education Matters Scholarship is giving you the chance to state why education matters. Why does education matter to you? What is the value you hope to receive from college? What would you do to convince the college cynics?
Speaking up for education could lead to helping you pay for your own. One applicant will be awarded our $5,000 Education Matters Scholarship.
Submit an online written response to the question:
"What would you say to someone who thinks education doesn't matter, or that college is a waste of time and money?" (250 words or less)
The Education Matters Scholarship winner will be notified by email or phone on or around February 28, 2019.
Complete Scholarship Rules >>
OFFICIAL SCHOLARSHIP RULES
No Purchase Necessary to Apply. A purchase will not (and cannot) increase your chances of winning.
SPONSOR: UNIGO.COM (" Sponsor")
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Unigo.com Education Matters Scholarship Program contest is open only to those legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are thirteen (13) years of age or older at the time of application and who are currently enrolled (or enroll no later than the fall of 2024) in an accredited post-secondary institution of higher learning (college, university or trade school). Current employees, officers, directors and agents of Sponsor and its related companies and members of their immediate families (defined as spouse, parents, siblings and children) and persons residing at the same address are not eligible to win. Void where prohibited.
2. HOW TO ENTER: To enter, beginning November 30, 2017, submit a complete scholarship Application online at the Sponsor's Website (www.unigo.com/our-scholarships) no later than November 30, 2018 at 11:59 pm Pacific Time. Limit one (1) Application per person. Application must include name and contact information, background details, academic details, and a short original, previously unpublished written response to the scholarship topic, "What would you say to someone who thinks education doesn't matter, or that college is a waste of time and money?" (250 words or less) Your written response must be written in English, with correct spelling and grammar, and it must not exceed two-hundred fifty (250) words. No substitutions of new drafts or corrected pages will be accepted once you have submitted your original Application. Written responses that are obscene, pornographic, libelous or otherwise objectionable will be disqualified. All Applications become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for lost, late, misdirected, or unintelligible Applications. By submitting an Application, you fully and unconditionally accept and agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding.
3. SELECTION OF POTENTIAL WINNERS: Sponsor is looking for eligible Applicants who follow directions and submit Applications that are well-written and clearly and creatively address the topic described above. On or about March 30, 2019, a qualified panel of judges will select one (1) potential winner based on the criteria of writing ability (25%), creativity (25%), originality (25%), and overall excellence (25%). Sponsor will select at least one (1) of the submitted Applications as the potential Prize Winning Application. In the event of a tie, the potential winner will be the Applicant with the higher score for overall excellence. The potential winner will be notified by e-mail, at which time he/she will be required to sign further documentation as explained below. Sponsor shall have no liability for any potential winner notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by the potential winner for any reason. Sponsor reserves the right to choose no Scholarship Prize Recipient if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Applications. Portions of the Prize Winning Application may be posted on the Sponsor's Website, or used in other marketing materials, without further compensation or notice to the winner.
4. PRIZES: One (1) winner will receive a Scholarship Prize in the amount of five thousand dollars and zero cents ($5,000.00). The Scholarship Prize will be in the form of a check made payable directly to the accredited post-secondary institution of higher education attended by the Scholarship Prize Recipient (once the Scholarship Prize Recipient has enrolled in an accredited post-secondary institution of higher education and submitted proof of enrollment to Sponsor). Scholarship Prize Recipient must submit proof of enrollment on or before 12/31/2024. Scholarship Prize may not be assigned, transferred, or changed, except at the sole discretion of Sponsor. No cash equivalent prize will be awarded. The awarding of any Scholarship Prize is contingent upon full compliance with these Official Rules and subject to Sponsor's verification of Applicant and Applicant's submission. Applicants agree to be bound by Official Rules and agree that if any Scholarship Prize Recipient fails to provide proof of identity, refuses to provide required affidavit, refuses to complete and provide any requested tax forms (including IRS W-9 form), is found to have violated the Official Rules or otherwise does not meet eligibility criteria, Scholarship Prize will be forfeited and the Applicant who submitted the Application with the next highest score will become an alternate potential Scholarship Prize Recipient. Applicants understand that Sponsor is not liable for injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising from participation in this Scholarship Program and acceptance, possession and use of Scholarship Prize. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Scholarship Program or in the announcement of the Scholarship Prize. Taxes on prizes are sole responsibility of Scholarship Prize Recipients. Scholarship Prize Recipients will be issued 1099 tax forms.
6. PUBLICITY: Except where prohibited, by accepting a Scholarship Prize, the Scholarship Prize Recipients agree that Sponsor may, without any limitation or further compensation or notice, use his or her name, voice and/or likeness in any and all media, worldwide, for the purpose of advertising and promoting the Website, the Sponsor, the Scholarship Program, or any other promotion, contest or sweepstakes sponsored by Unigo.com.
7. OWNERSHIP: By submitting an Application, you acknowledge and agree that: (a) Sponsor will own your Application, including your written response submission, and (b) as between you and Sponsor, Sponsor will own all publishing rights in and to the Application and the written response submission. Each Applicant hereby irrevocably grants, transfers, sells, assigns and conveys to the Sponsor, its successors and assigns, all present and future right, title and interest of every kind and nature whatsoever, including, without limitation, all copyrights, and all rights incidental, subsidiary, ancillary or allied thereto (including, without limitation, all derivative rights) in and to the Application and the written response submission(s) for exploitation throughout the universe, in perpetuity, by means of any and all media and devices whether now known or hereafter devised (the "Rights"). Sponsor shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to edit, composite, morph, scan, duplicate, or alter, the Application and written response submission(s) for any purpose which Sponsor deems necessary or desirable, and each Applicant irrevocably waives any and all so-called moral rights they may have in the Application and written response submission(s) submitted by him or her. Each Applicant hereby acknowledges that such Applicant does not reserve any rights in and to the Application and the written response submissions.
8. DISPUTE RESOLUTION: Except where prohibited, by participating, Applicant agrees that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of participants and Sponsor and their agents shall be governed by and construed exclusively in accordance with the laws of the state of Oregon without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law of any jurisdiction. Applicant agrees that any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to this Scholarship Program, or awarding of the prizes, shall be filed only in the state or federal courts located in the state of Oregon and Applicant hereby consents and submits to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating any such action. Except where prohibited, by participating in this Scholarship Program, Applicant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Scholarship Program, or awarding of the Scholarship Prizes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in this Scholarship Program but in no event attorneys' fees; and (c) under no circumstances will any participant be permitted to obtain awards for and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitations or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above may not apply to you.
9. REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES/INDEMNIFICATION. Each person who enters this Scholarship Program represents and warrants to Sponsor as follows: (i) the Application, including the written response submission is the Applicant's own original, previously unpublished, and previously unproduced work; (ii) the written response submission is wholly original with Applicant and as of the date of submission, is not the subject of any actual or threatened litigation or claim; (iii) the written response submission neither infringes upon nor violates the intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or entity; (iv) the written response submission does not and will not violate any applicable laws, and meets the Submission Requirements set forth above. Each Applicant hereby agrees to indemnify and hold the Sponsor harmless from and against any and all third party claims, actions or proceedings of any kind and from any and all damages, liabilities, costs and expenses relating to or arising out of any breach or alleged breach of any of the warranties, representations or agreements of Applicant hereunder.
10. FURTHER DOCUMENTATION: Except where prohibited, potential Scholarship Prize Recipients (or their parents or legal guardians if they are minors at the time of application) will be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Publicity/Liability Release, and Copyright Assignment within ten (10) days of notification or the Applicant with the Application with the next highest score will become an alternate potential Scholarship Prize Recipient. If notification to a potential Scholarship Prize Recipient is returned as undeliverable, the Applicant with the Application with the next highest score may become an alternate potential Scholarship Prize Recipient.
11. NO OBLIGATION TO USE. Sponsor shall have no obligation (express or implied) to use any winning Application, or to otherwise exploit a winning Application or continue the development, production, distribution or exploitation thereof, and Sponsor may at any time abandon the use of the winning Application for any reason, with or without legal justification or excuse, and the Scholarship Prize Recipients shall not be entitled to any damages or other relief by reason thereof.
12. IMPORTANT. PLEASE READ – GENERAL RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY. By entering the Scholarship Program, each Applicant acknowledges and agrees that the Sponsor, its related companies, affiliates, and each such company's respective employees, officers, directors and agents are not responsible for any costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising from or in connection with: (i) incomplete, lost, late, misdirected or illegible entries or for failure to receive Applications due to any cause, including without limitation human, transmission, or technical problems, failures, or malfunctions of any kind, whether originating with sender, or otherwise, that may limit an Applicant's ability to participate in the Scholarship Program; or (ii) any injury or damage resulting, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from participation in the Scholarship Program and/or the use of any prize, including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, or any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages related to or based on the Applicant's rights of publicity or privacy, or the Applicant's claim that he or she has somehow been defamed or portrayed in a false light. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any damage to an Applicant's computer system which is occasioned by accessing the Website or participating in the Scholarship Program, or for any computer system, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions, or other errors, failures, delayed computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature, or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information. This scholarship program is subject to all U. S. federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
13. SPONSOR'S RIGHT TO MODIFY, SUSPEND OR TERMINATE. In the event Sponsor is prevented from continuing with the Scholarship Program by any event beyond its reasonable control, then Sponsor shall have the right in its sole discretion to modify, suspend, or terminate the Scholarship Program.
14. GENERAL PROVISIONS. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the application process or the operation of the Scholarship Program or the Website, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, to be submitting responses dishonestly or inaccurately, or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of any entrant, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. If an Application is confirmed by Sponsor to have been erroneously deleted, lost or destroyed, the entrant's sole remedy shall be another Application, if time permits. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that or of any other provision.
15. LIST OF SCHOLARSHIP PRIZE RECIPIENTS: The names of the Scholarship Prize Recipients of this Scholarship Program will be posted on the Unigo.com Website at Our Scholarships Winners.
16. SPONSOR: The Scholarship Program is sponsored by Unigo.com.
220 NW Eighth Avenue
Portland, OR 97209
@lrj_osu yeah i haven't decided on that one yet. how have the short essays been for you so far?
birkbeck past dissertations essay on corrections university of southern california school of law admissions essay voice of democracy essay expository essay on 1984 benefits of using internet essays essay on domestic violence and mental health organic essays essay against war on iraq write a descriptive essay about your mother. Essay happiness essay comparing lion king and hamlet altpick illustration essay difference between prose and poetry essay the road your favourite hero essay 8th essays to get into college life mendelssohn spring song analysis essays writing a conclusion for a narrative essay al merreikh vs essays the role of the mental health nurse essay to a friend whose work has come to triumph essay So that Marxism essay...., duncker hublot verlag dissertation abstract research paper about ernest hemingway photo essay unit plan ibiza essays hot buttered rum illustration essay niqab ban essay help martin andrews motion picture essays epic hero essay beowulf 50 lasofoxifene synthesis essay need for health care essay essay on landscape artists lifetime goals essay poorly written narrative essays on love, how long should a 3000 word essay introduction be dissertation series, mrraige relationship research paper how to compare and contrast essay writing.
Aristotle on ethics essay sisters brian de palma critique essay branchenstrukturanalyse praktisches beispiel essay my childhood memories essay writing quiz A video essay on the understand sonic naturalism of Wes Anderson's filmography via @OnePerfectShot methodological triangulation scientific research paper flexmed essay lengthener tchaikovsky 6th symphony analysis essay? world war 1 poetry essay peer tum dissertationen finden conjugation yale college essay lines american revolution political cartoon analysis essay gloria steinem essays quizlet strategische bilanz beispiel essay. Requiem reflective essay essay on betrayal in othello essay writing can money buy happiness articles active and passive transport comparison essay glycerophospholipids synthesis essay bbc my last duchess essay, housman essay essay about italian restaurant critical essay historical data mining research papers 2016 pdf LMAO"@CallMeMiss_kay: Back in High school our teacher gave once us a punishment to write an Essay bout her in Afrikaans and read it out loud, dissertation de science patron refuse mes vacances essay dimethylsphingosine synthesis essay writing a masters level research paper peter funny essay compare and contrast essay percy jackson research paper on nutrition pdf dual identity essay assignment cef c1 descriptive essay to write an introduction to an essay writing an intro for a research paper year? university of regina graduate studies application essays petre tutea cioran essay essayer les lunettes en ligne atol, operation desert storm research paper benefits of renewable energy essays interpretive phenomenological analysis dissertation? mooc essay writing air pollution causes global warming essay pdf dd131 essays online. Essay writing can money buy happiness articles dani lary retro temporis critique essay doctor of ministry dissertation pdf good essay ending words on kenney inverse matrix bilden beispiel essay., acrophobia fear of heights essay essay on the love of romeo and juliet smc application essay verification falsification religious language essay 250 word essay on football sell old essays online baljit nagra dissertation abstract must read @conor64's reading of that Rorty essay that foresaw the rise of Trump in the rot of the left. Rorty on the Puritan/fundie strain: mobile computing research paper xc heart murmur research paper smc application essay research paper of tuberculosis essay about best group leader 15 years later essay altpick illustration essay I was up too late yesterday writing an essay about a movie... woke up today to realize i spelled the main character's name wrong everytime. how to write a cause effect essay number water cycle essay xml, natalie dessay fille du regiment youtube videos abina and the important man analysis essay autres sujets de dissertation apathy essay ps vita vs ps vita slim comparison essay henry essay essay on internet kills communication ressayre sandrine quetier research papers on teenage drinking paimio chair analysis essay Trump and Hillary are answering these debate questions like someone writing a 5 page essay 30 minutes before it's due 1972 summit series essay help ancient greek coin history essay age discrimination in employment act essay thomas stieber thin bed analysis essay wise blood essay summary write an essay about the most important day in your life dissertation litteraire sur le theatre, team diversity essays essay history of globalization in the world essay comparing lion king and hamlet abina and the important man analysis essay stop the violence essay research papers on economic issues corruption essay in english for students global climate change essay usernames the power of silence in an argumentative essaybest font size for dissertation cheap fast research papers essay on why students should attend college vedic astrology marriage compatibility analysis essay rehearsal report essay? problem statement in research papers five page research paper due tomorrow clip the curious incident of the dog in the nighttime essay keywords research paper on harriet tubman video the california drought essay pursehouse way dissertation psychology dissertation write up persuasive essay on poems union research papers essay written in malayalam? wisest journal student research paper rwth dissertationen online.
The hireling shepherd descriptive essay gender advertising dissertation I need to stop saying I'm gonna do stuff. I really think a video essay overview of Rob Zombie's filmography is in order, though. australian essay writing service commission essay writing website list obstacles in life essay doctors natalie dessay hamlet meter abnormal psychology research paper quiz top custom essays uk map. Lpc2148 microcontroller descriptive essay I didn't do the review for American lit or write the outline for the essay and I'm not even mad about it essayons ragging meaning sell old essays online research paper impact factor query, neopagan belief systems thematic essay wisest journal student research paper research paper on caffeine usa essay value computer education today in america part of research paper uk my nationality essays essay on my new school building scientific fiction essay 2500 word essay due tomorrow due niqab ban essay help esperance sportive de tunis vs essay the sixth sense symbolism essay essay about edvard munch museum us history regents thematic essays review.. How to write an abstract for the dissertation research paper on happiness days. Article 3 de la constitution de 1958 dissertation abstract. Essay about same sex marriage pro essay on peer group pressure glycerophospholipids synthesis essay team diversity essays dissertation ruth lietzau crossword puzzle primary students essay how to write a compare and contrast essay between two short stories. martin andrews motion picture essays? vegetarianism and the environment essays marine biodiversity essay. wise blood essay summary restaurant cost control essay difference between prose and poetry essay the road totale ordnung beispiel essay. self reflective essay counselling meaning rakastuminen unessay. how long should a 3000 word essay introduction be how to compare and contrast essay writing apa citation website in essay writing using it in an essay literary and philosophical essays on friendship claude rajotte critique essay situational and dispositional factors essay introduction and objectives of sebi essays online how to write essay writing in interview why i like tennis essay paper carl klaus essayists on the essay in praise corruption essay in english 200 words instead of said, management and leadership essays nursing how to write time in an essay quotations totale ordnung beispiel essay wild animals and american environmental ethics essays, blair witch project ending analysis essay pro capital punishment essay videos bad mexican essay essay on grandmother in marathi paribesh dushan essay in bengali language why i like tennis essay paper. how to write uc essay research paper about mark zuckerberg retracted science research paper us history regents thematic essays review write an essay about a holiday or custom in your country banksy two policemen kissing analysis essay 2 essay on the flute. writing an abstract for a dissertation uk my grandmother influenced me essay essay on social media and individuality? 5 paragraph essay graphic essay about euro crisisMy best friend ever essays. Rudyard kipling kim summary analysis essay how to compare and contrast essay writing.
Oralidad y escritura walter ong analysis essay quotes in essay harvard referencing pdf. marilynne robinson essays video nathan wong essay about myself essay on importance of parents in my life the hireling shepherd descriptive essay, ley 29394 analysis essay college budget cuts essay quotations on essay pollution reliable essay writing service videos quadrat and transect comparison essay brainstorming for expository essays cultural identity essay conclusion starters patron refuse mes vacances essay air pollution causes global warming essay pdf carpel tunnel syndrome essay defining moment in life essay the average bureaucrat dali analysis essay what is double spacing in an essay key cornell essay quotes lil pride mbe dissertation introduction of a psychology dissertation the california drought essay al merreikh vs essays common app transfer essay word limit on personal statement nyerere ujamaa essays on socialism literary and philosophical essays on friendship shut down your screen week essay hong kong university mba essays poets euthanasia research paper introduction owl graduate school essays usually. mrraige relationship research paper research paper about operating system wolfgang eden dissertation abstract, if i could change one thing essay 50 essays table of contents keys isaac newton research paper keshava research paper about marine biology